* Responsibility for organising health, social and rescue services will be transferred from municipalities to wellbeing services counties in the beginning of 2023.
* The highest decision-making power in each wellbeing services county will be exercised by a county council.
* In these elections we elect councilors for 21 wellbeing services counties.
* The county councils begin their work 1st of March 2022.
* The first county elections will be conducted on Sunday 23 January 2022.
* The advance voting period in Finland: 12-18 January 2022.
* The advance voting period abroad: 12-15 January 2022.
Who can vote?
* A person who reaches the age of 18 years
And one of these:
* A citizen of Finland or another EU Member State, Iceland or Norway or
* A citizen of some other state has had had a municipality of residence in Finland for an uninterrupted period of two years or
* Employed by the EU or an international organisation operating in Finland
* Municipality of residence must be a municipality belonging to the wellbeing services county in question on the 51st day before election day
Where can I vote?
* You can check your own voting place: https://aanestyspaikat.fi/
🆘 Social and health care professionals are our most important resource - without them we don't have social and health care services
🏥 Public services are the basis of our social and health care system - private and third sector are needed as an complementary services
👀 People should be seen as a person not a disease - overall support is a key for a better quality of life
✨ Associations supporting welfare - we need to guarantee resources which make sure social and health care associations ability to continue their valuable work
As a nurse, practical nurse and social and health care association active these themes are my speciality.